JFF Guidelines 2012, please click here
The Jordan Film Fund welcomes your application. Please read below for the eligibility and timeline.
Applications complying with the following requirements will be subject to an in-depth evaluation.
Your application is eligible if:
- It has a Jordanian national (individual holding a Jordanian passport) occupying one of the following roles: producer, director or a writer.
- It has at least 50% of all dialogue, narration, voiceover and other forms of communication in Arabic.
- It has all the required sections filled in, and accompanied with all the required supporting documents.
- Applicants should be 18 years or over.
- For development phase: the applicant can be the writer or the producer.
- For production and post production phases (narrative and documentary feature length): the applicant must either be an independent producer, or a team consisting of a producer, director and/or a writer.
- For short films: The applicant can be the producer or the director.
- The producer and the director must be two different individuals. No dual roles are allowed, with the exception of the writer/director.
- Previous industry experience is required for documentary and narrative feature length projects, where the director and producer must have experience in their respective role no less than one short film.
- Resubmission: The producer may apply every year, but not with the same project, unless the Jury states that the project has the potential to be developed further and reconsidered for the next round. In this case, the producer needs to highlight the major changes made to the project.
- A producer who has an active grant (who won a previous grant from JFF), can apply for only one new grant.
Non Eligible Applications
- Applications belonging to any of the following categories:
- Music Videos
- TV/Web commercials
- TV Series
- Experimental films
- Any submitted screenplay that is derogatory or includes obscene and pornographic content and promotes hatred or violence.
- Applications submitted by the RFC employees or their first degree relatives (spouses, parents, siblings and children of the RFC employee).
- Applications submitted by current jury members or their first degree relatives (parents, siblings and children of the current Jury member).
- Applications submitted by employees or partners (or any other kind of legal relationship) of a jury member or RFC employee.
- Applications with misleading, dishonest, or false information.
- Applications not meeting the criteria in this document, handwritten, or incomplete.
How Many Applications Can You Submit?
- A writer may submit one application only.
- A producer may submit up to three applications in different phases, only two of them can be for the same phase
- A director may submit for two shorts.
Applications will undergo the following evaluation process:
Applications are checked to verify they are fulfilling the application compulsory requirements:
- Eligibility of application
- Eligibility of applicant
- Correctness and completeness of the application form used
- Existence of required supporting documents.
A jury composed of established film professionals will assess and decide the winning projects. Only projects that successfully pass the compulsory requirements check are eligible to be assessed by the jury. The jury will assess the projects based on:
- The originality of the work
- Creative merits
- Filmmakers’ credentials and abilities
- Marketable potential
The Jury’s decisions are final, and applicants will be informed in writing of the decision.
The Points System
The points system applies only for production and post production projects.
It determines how much the producer will be granted if his/her project was selected.
Jordan Film Fund
The Royal Film Commission
5, Omar bin Al-Khattab Street
1st Circle, Jabal Amman
P.O.Box: 811991 Amman 11181 Jordan