The Debut Feature Film Program is structured as a workshop, whereby the RFC brings in experienced professionals that work with filmmakers in the phases of development, production, cinematography, editing and scriptwriting. The end result of the program is a feature-length movie.
The program is open to Jordanian, or residents in Jordan, writers or writers/directors. It was launched in 2010 and helped produce five feature- length narrative films that harvested eight international film awards, and participated in more than 20 regional and international film festivals.
The RFC works on the following:
- Announcing the opening of a new cycle for young local filmmakers to submit their narrative scripts based on a specific designed application with clear criteria.
- Assembling a specialized jury from renowned directors and producers in addition to the experienced RFC staff.
- Identifying and selecting different mentors who will supervise and mentor the production of the selected film/s.
- Presenting the final shortlisted applications/scripts to the jury to vote on the selected narrative feature film project/s.
- Announcing the awarded filmmaker/s.
- Hosting several workshops that cover the whole aspects of different phases of filmmaking including: script development, pre-production, production and post-production.
- Assigning the selected mentors for the chosen film/s.
- Accompanying the production of the film from its inception until its release.
- Providing in-house counseling, including a producer attached to the film/s, a dedicated accountant and legal advice.
- Supporting and promoting the distribution of the film/films commercially and in various festivals.
- Organising one, or more, screening in Jordan and abroad.
In addition to the actual production of the film/s, this program offers practical training for the crew involved in its making.
Workshops are also held, on the side, for budding filmmakers.