The 13th round of Rawi Screenwriters’ Lab will take place from 7th July until 11th July 2017.
Submission deadline is the 19th March 2017 by midnight -Jordan’s time .
- Rawi Screenwriters’ Lab is open for screenwriters, co-writers, or writers/directors.
- Screenwriters working on their first or second narrative feature screenplay can apply.
- Applicants must submit a complete narrative feature screenplay.
- Only Arab screenwriters/filmmakers are eligible to apply, regardless of their country of residence.
Please fill in the online Application Form in English and send it to
email@example.com. Please enclose the following (soft copy only, word format and in English):
- Cover letter introducing yourself and your project (e.g.: why are you applying to the program? Are you collaborating with a co-writer or a director on the project? Do you intend to direct the project and what is the status of the project at the stage of submission).
- Complete feature narrative screenplay that must include a title page with the project title, name of the writer as well as the project registration number:
- Note: Screenplays are to be sent in English.
- Please make sure the script is registered.
- Screenplays in Arabic will be initially considered, provided the applicant sends an English translation, once requested to do so by the Rawi team.
- Logline: a one-line sentence description of the project.
- Synopsis: one full A4 page.
- Filmmaker’s statement: please describe your vision and creative approach to the project and why you want to tell this story.
- Screenwriter’s biography.
- Online links of your previous works (short, feature or documentary):
- Please make sure all previous works submitted have English subtitles.
- Please do not send DVDs unless requested by the Rawi team.
For more information, please check FAQ