By virtue of a Government’s decision, The Royal Film Commission – Jordan was granted the right to exempt eligible productions from certain taxes and fees. These exemptions include:
1. Sales tax exemptions for any product and/or service purchased within the Kingdom for the sole purpose of the production.
2. Customs taxes and duties exemptions for any equipment and/or material imported into the Kingdom for the sole purpose of the production.
3. Taxes on salaries and fees for any non-Jordanian cast and crew member employed by the production.
The project must go into pre-production within 90 days from the date of approving the application. After the period of 90 days, the exemption shall be considered invalid and the production must reapply.
The production must agree to have a ‘Filmed in Jordan” credit as well as The Royal Film Commission - Jordan logo in the final production rolling credits.
Productions must provide the following information:
2- Expenses in Jordan
3- List of Jordanian Crew / Cast / Heads of Departments / Trainees
7- Salaries of Jordanian Crew
8- Number of filming Days
9- Script with a focus on references to Jordan
10- Extent of cooperation with Jordanian authorities
11- Accommodation (in three-star hotels or more)
12- Per diem of foreign crew
How to Apply
- Any production wishing to benefit from the exemption has to contact the Royal Film Commission- Jordan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must be submitted at least 15 days prior to principal photography
The Royal Film Commission will revert within a period of 12 working days.
If the project qualifies, the production will be granted the exemption letter for use within 90 days.
Tel: +962 6 4642266 - P.O.Box 811991 Amman 11181 Jordan - Email: email@example.com