Med Film Factory is a training program aimed at semi-professional Arab film directors and producers, offering them the opportunity to advance their creative and professional skills and supporting them in the realization of their projects.
It also aims at creating collective connections within the Arab regional film industry, in particular to encourage regional support, involvement and financing of independent creative voices and films through all the stages of film making. This will eventually help sustain the overall Mediterranean film industry.
- Eligible to apply are Arab producers and directors residing in the Middle East, North Africa, Iraq and the Gulf. Up to six Arab teams will be selected to participate in this year’s cycle.
- Applications must be submitted by a team of director and producer only; single applicants are not eligible.
- It is not eligible to apply as a director/producer.
- Directors may be screenwriters, directors or involved in writing the project.
- The submitted application must be the applicants’ first or second feature length narrative film project.
- Teams must submit a complete feature narrative screenplay in Arabic or English.
Clearances for all script rights are a prerequisite
Please fill in the Application Form and attach the below documents and information no later than August 15th, 2017:
- Complete feature narrative screenplay in Arabic or English (please submit the screenplay in pdf format).
- Additional application materials (in English or Arabic and in one word format file) that includes:
Online links to previous works (short film, feature length film or documentary film) for the director and producer:
- Cover Letter – introducing the team and the project
- Script Rights - script registration number and writer’s clearance in case of a novel adapted screenplay
- Logline: one to two sentences describing the project
- One-page synopsis: one full A4 page description of the project
- Director’s Statement - describing your vision and creative approach of the project
- Producer’s Statement - stating why you are attached to this project and why you wish to produce it
- Director’s and producer’s biographies
- Copy of the director’s and producer’s passports.
- Budget and financial plan including any finances in place
- Please make sure all previous works submitted have English subtitles.
- Please do not send DVDs unless requested by the Med Film Factory Team.
For more information please visit our FAQ
page, if you have additional questions, please contact the Royal Film Commission - Jordan at:
Tel: +962 6 461 3835, email: MedFilmFactory@film.jo