Amman, 20 September 2018
The newly appointed Board of Commissioners convened last Tuesday 18th of September at the Royal Film Commission – Jordan (RFC), under the chairmanship of Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein.
After acknowledging the efforts of the previous Board members and the achievements of the Royal Film Commission in the past years, Prince Ali expressed the hope to see the RFC further thrive in the various fields in which it is involved: local and regional training, production services and film screenings; all with the aim to fulfill the stated mission of the RFC, established in 2003, which is to develop an internationally competitive audiovisual industry in the Kingdom.
The new Board includes Jordanian figures from the private and public sectors, with multiple competences and backgrounds. The Board is headed by Prince Ali and includes the following ten members:
- Princess Rym Ali, Founder Jordan Media Institute
- Minister of Tourism & Antiquities, currently Mrs. Lina Annab
- Director of Moral Guidance Unit, currently Brigadier General Odeh Shdaifat
- Mr. Bashar Abu Rumman, General Manager King Hussein International Airport in Aqaba
- Mr. Radi Alkhas, CEO Jordan Media City & Regional Manager Arab Radio & Television (ART)
- Mr. Yasar Durra, Senior Advisor Jordan Media Institute
- Mr. Raja Gargour, Director Royal Heritage Directorate – Royal Hashemite Court
- Mr. Bassam Hajjawi, President International Distribution Agency and Near East Production Studios
- Mrs. Edwina Issa, Creative Director / Drama Expert
- Mrs. Mary Nazzal-Batayneh, Founder Landmark Hotel & Chairman of the Human Rights Legal Aid Fund
For more information, please call: Royal Film Commission, Marian Nakho, tel: 064642266 Ext: 23
About The Royal Film Commission – Jordan:
The Royal Film Commission – Jordan (RFC) is a public institution, with administrative and financial autonomy, established in 2003 with a mandate to promote for and contribute to the development of an internationally competitive Jordanian audio-visual industry. The RFC organizes training workshops, screenings and provides production support services.