Submit your short ﬁlm to the 14th
JORDANIAN SHORT FILM COMPETITION
before Thursday 14th of May, 2020
Organized as part of the 26th edition of the Franco-Arab Film Festival
The Institut français de Jordanie, in partnership with the Royal Film Commission - Jordan (RFC), is organizing the 26th edition of the Franco-Arab Film Festival, which, will be held from the 17th until the 25th of June, 2020. The festival is calling for Jordanian short films (documentary and narrative) to compete. Winners will be announced during the closing reception.
- The competition is open to filmmakers residing in Jordan or abroad. Either the director or the producer should be Jordanian.
- The film must be at least partly shot in Jordan.
- The film should not exceed 20 minutes.
- The film has to have been produced in 2019 or 2020.
- Each director can submit one film only.
- Only short narratives and documentaries can be submitted. Animated films or experimental films will not be accepted.
- The film must be subtitled in English or French, if it is in Arabic; or subtitled in Arabic, if it is in English or French.
The director or producer should provide 2 DVD or Blu-ray copies of the film (which will not be returned). Sending the film electronically by link is not acceptable.
- Due to the current confinement and while everyone is staying at home, films can be submitted now through links. Please send your film as a downloadable MP4 file with the codec H.264. Also please make sure to send the file through OneDrive, Google Drive or Drop Box to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The director or producer should provide the following:
An application form in Arabic
or in English
which can be found on the RFC’s website www.film.jo.
- The application form should be typed (not in handwriting).
- A printed hard copy of the application form along with the film copies must also be submitted, in addition to sending the application form by email to email@example.com
- The application form should cover technical details regarding the film, synopsis (40 – 100 words) and the filmmaker’s information.
2. A soft copy of the film poster or still photo should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: A committee will select among the submitted ﬁlms those entitled to compete.
Please submit your film
The Royal Film Commission - Jordan, 1st Circle, Jabal Amman 7 Omar Bin Al Khattab Street (off Rainbow Street).
Attention: Marian Nakho
Subject: Jordanian Short Film Competition From Sunday to Thursday (9:00 AM – 4:30 PM). Tel: 06 4642 266/ ext: 23
Royal Film Commission – Jordan
P.O. Box 811 991 Amman 11181 Jordan
Attention: Marian Nakho
Subject: Jordanian Short Film Competition
- There will be two prizes based on the selection of the jury and two prizes based on the audience vote for the documentary and fiction categories.
- The four winning films will receive a trophy created by the Jordanian sculptor Hazem Al Zubi.
- The two Jury prizes for the best narrative and best documentary will be invited by the French edition of the Franco-Arab Film Festival in France to present their films (on the condition of providing the necessary authorizations for the trip). The full stay will be covered (accommodation and plane ticket).
- In addition, the RFC will offer a one-year subscription at the Film Library to the four winners.
For further information, please contact:
Marian Nakho at the Royal Film Commission - Jordan at the following e-mail: email@example.com
Or call: 06 4642266/ ext. 23